Think. Create. Succeed.
GENERAL LEARNING OUTCOMES
At RAS, at every grade level and in every subject area, students will be given the opportunity to practice and receive feedback on their demonstration of our General Learning Outcomes. These GLOs ensure students develop not only academically but also physically, psychologically, and emotionally.
PROBLEM SOLVING & THINKING SKILLS
- Think analytically, strategically, critically, creatively, independently, and collaboratively.
- Objectively and reflectively question themselves, others, and ideas.
- Solve problems through acquisition, integration, and successful application of content / learning.
- Apply knowledge to real-life situations.
- Take responsible risks and approach problems with creativity and perseverance.
- Communicate effectively as listeners, speakers, readers, and writers to a range of audiences for a range for purposes through auditory, visual, physical, or digital means.
- Display appropriate presentation skills.
- Demonstrate collaborative communication skills.
ORGANIZATION & RESEARCH SKILLS
- Efficiently allocate their time and energy towards prioritized tasks.
- Use appropriate technologies, resources, and strategies to gain access to relevant information.
- Logically organize information using appropriate strategies and tools.
- Create finished products showing a high degree of content understanding, neatness, quality, and precision.
CHARACTER & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Demonstrate compassion, honesty, and integrity in dealing with others.
- Show tolerance, understanding, empathy, and respect for other people and cultures within the school and community.
- Make appropriate choices to maintain physical and emotional health.
- Show responsibility, adaptability, perseverance, and initiative.
- Work effectively in group situations.
RAS STUDENTS ARE
Students reflect on their own learning, actions, and personal development.
Students balance different aspects of their personal and academic lives.
Students respect the perspectives, values, and cultures of others.
Students are honest, fair, and respectful toward themselves, others, and the world.
Students seek to understand and build positive relationships with others and the community.
Students interact critically and reflectively with the world around them and creatively to expand their understandings.
Students are risk-takers when facing new challenges.
Students transfer and apply knowledge across a broad range of disciplines.