Think. Create. Succeed.
Raffles American School is a learning community that empowers students to achieve their academic and life potential. RAS serves students Pre-K through 12th grade. Our rigorous and rich academic and co-curricular programs encourage student growth through a learning outcome approach, acknowledging multiple types of intelligence and paths to learning. We facilitate student success through collaboration with parents, a balanced focus on intellectual, emotional, physical, and social progress, and a profound belief that all students can learn.
PROBLEM SOLVING & THINKING SKILLS
- Think analytically, strategically, critically, creatively, independently, and collaboratively.
- Objectively and reflectively question themselves, others, and ideas.
- Communicate effectively as listeners, speakers, readers, and writers to a range of audiences for a range for purposes through auditory, visual, physical, or digital means.
- Display appropriate presentation skills.
ORGANIZATION & RESEARCH SKILLS
- Efficiently allocate their time and energy towards prioritized tasks.
- Use appropriate technologies, resources, and strategies to gain access to relevant information.
CHARACTER & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Demonstrate compassion, honesty, and integrity in dealing with others.
- Show tolerance, understanding, empathy, and respect for other people and cultures within the school and community.