Think. Create. Succeed.
4 STEPS TO RAS ADMISSION
STEP 1 – VISIT THE SCHOOL AND ADMISSIONS OFFICE
We welcome the opportunity to discuss our mission, our curriculum, and our admissions process with you. We encourage you to visit our school, meet our Head of School, and Director, and connect with the Admissions Office.
You can contact us by phone or email. We can best serve you with a prior appointment, but we also maintain an open door policy. If you cannot visit us in person, then please explore our website. We are also able to connect via Skype.
STEP 2 – FULFILL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A completed Application Form.
- A completed Admission Requirement Checklist Form.
- A completed Authorization to Release School Records Form.
- A submitted Informed Consent (submitted to prior school).
You may complete RAS admission forms in two ways:
1) Fill out our online form here.
2) Complete a hard copy application form, available by request from RAS Admissions, and submit to RAS, with remaining application requirements, via mail, email, or in person.
Photos of applicant
- Two (2) photographs of the applicant (passport size).
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport, or ID card if Thai National, showing the passport number and date of birth.
- Up to three (3) years of most recent school records (if the student is old enough to possess them), showing courses taken and results.
- School records from non-English speaking schools must be officially translated into English.
- Standardized achievement tests and/or psychological-educational evaluations.
- Complete disclosure of these documents at the time of application can result in appropriate grade placement, academic confidence, and, ultimately, success at RAS.
- A Confidential Recommendation completed by the applicant’s current school.
STEP 3 – ADMISSIONS EVALUATION & SCREENING/INTERVIEW
Applications will be processed as soon as RAS Admissions has received all necessary documents, as outlined in Step 2 above. The expected process time for initial evaluation is 5 working days. These times may be extended if additional evaluation or diagnosis is required. Once RAS Admissions evaluates a completed application, a staff member will contact the applicant to make screening/interview arrangements.
Screening/InterviewStudents enter RAS from many different countries with widely varying educational systems. Age, previous school records, evaluative testing, an interview, and a review of all pertinent records are used to ensure that students are placed in appropriate grade levels.
After the Admissions Office makes an initial evaluation of a complete application, all applicants are required to participate in an admissions interview and admissions screening that assesses skills in English language (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) as well as mathematics.
Applicants for the Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten programs will be invited for a Parent Interview session. Prospective pre-k students will be provided with materials to play with while Admissions personnel interview parent(s) on daily routines and family life.
Interviews will be scheduled in person, or, if not possible, via Skype. If an applicant is unable to attend an interview in person, or on Skype, then enrollment may be offered contingent on completion of successful interview once present in Thailand.
STEP 4 – NOTIFICATION OF APPLICATION STATUS
Offer of Admissions
Once your child meets all Admissions criteria a formal Offer of Admissions, in writing, will be communicated via email and you can begin a positive transition into the RAS Community. Your Offer of Admissions will be followed by a tuition invoice that outlines all associated costs of enrollment and a welcome letter from the Head of the school. The Head of Schoolโ€s letter will outline the remaining steps leading up to enrollment.
If an applicant meets admissions requirements but is applying for enrollment in a grade level or program that is full, then that applicant will be placed on the waiting list for that particular school year. If a place becomes available, parents are notified and receive an offer of admissions (please see previous section). If it is determined that space will not be available during the requested school year, parents are notified in writing. If a candidate is interested in applying for the following year the roll over application requirements will be determined by Admissions and communicated to parents in writing.
An applicant may be denied admission when there are concerns about academic, social or emotional abilities, when English language proficiency is not commensurate with the grade level of application, or when RAS is unable to offer a program to adequately meet an individual student’s learning needs.
Further Evaluation Required
If it is determined that there is insufficient evidence to make a firm accept/deny decision, you will receive written notification from the Admissions Office outlining the additional information required as well as an expected timeline for the process. This may involve additional interviews or screening with faculty or administration, or contact with the student’s current school.