STUDY BUBBLE PROGRAM
𝗥𝗮𝗳𝗳𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 has listened to the feedback from parents, and we understand that many parents of young children are having difficulties with online learning. Many busy parents are unable to supervise their children or provide direct support for them during online classes.
TO HELP THE COMMUNITY
𝙏𝙤 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮, Raffles, with approval of the Thai government, is launching a #StudyBubble” program for safe on-campus learning.
• Usual tuition fees are waived, as this program is designed to help community members who are struggling during the pandemic
• Everyone is fully vaccinated (Families / Teachers / Staff), with regular testing
• Only 3 students maximum and 2 adults per class
• Only students aged 2-6 years old will be allowed to participate in this program, as this age group is most resistant to COVID-19
INTERESTED IN OUR "STUDY BUBBLE"
We have collected a lot of feedback from the community and we wanted to communicate the steps the school will be taking in response to your concerns about online learning.
1. Feedback from international schools all over Thailand (and the world) has indicated that parents don’t think it is fair to pay the same price for online learning. Some schools have offered discounts to help appease parents’ frustration, but most schools need to continue charging normal fees to cover their operation expenses. As a newly opened school, RAS’s parents are already enjoying a 50% discount from the tuition fees approved by the MOE (and approximately half the fees our competitor schools are charging). Therefore, RAS is still offering parents a better discount than any other school in Bangkok. However, we still want to financially support parents during these difficult times. In cooperation with the Thai government, RAS will be offering parents 2,000THB in financial aid assistance to help them with their hardships during the COVID pandemic.
2. Parents from the youngest grade levels have expressed the most frustration with online learning because it generally requires an adult to help their child navigate the digital learning process. Moreover, young children’s attention spans are strained during distance learning. Therefore, Raffles, in cooperation with the Thai government, has developed a Study Bubble program where students Nursery – K2 can come on campus and learn with our professional teachers in a COVID-free environment. RAS is fortunate to be the first school approved for this program based on our excellent COVID-19 prevention assessment ratings. All staff, teachers, and parents involved in the program will be vaccinated and tested for COVID. The class size will be no more than three students to limit any potential risks. As soon as the government approves, we will be offering this Study Bubble program to older students as well.
3. The number of positive COVID-19 cases in Thailand suggests that students will likely be accessing their learning through our distance learning platform for the start of the school year. To maximize the time that students are learning on campus, RAS will be postponing the first day of classes to 23 August 2021. Holidays in February and April will be reduced to maintain our same number of study days. The start of the school year, 16 August 2021, will focus on staggered, small group parent orientation meetings with your child(ren’s) teachers. A detailed schedule will be sent to you shortly.
If you have more suggestions for RAS, please provide your feedback via Line @rasbkk
Please take care of yourself and your family. We look forward to seeing you again soon.